The cutest mini lemon drizzle loaves 😍🍋🍰
This is my favourite recipe ever for lemon drizzle cake! I decided to make mini versions and they turned out so well! This recipe is lower in calories, so easy to make and tastes absolutely delicious 😋👌🏼
It is so spongy in the middle with a crisp sugar coating on top – what could be better? 🙌🏼
Everything you need to make it is below ⬇️
• 100g softened butter
• 175g self-raising flour
• 1 tsp baking powder
• 175g golden caster sugar
• 2 large eggs
• 6 tbsp milk
• finely grated rind and juice of 1 large lemon
• juice of 1 large lemon (you need 3 tablespoons)
• 100g icing sugar
1. Preheat the oven to 180C/fan oven 160C. Spray a mini loaf tin with low calorie oil. Tip all the cake ingredients into a large mixing bowl and beat for 2-3 minutes, until the mixture drops easily off the spoon.
2. Spoon the mixture into the tin and smooth the surface with the back of a spoon. Bake for about 40 minutes, until golden and firm to the touch.
3. Meanwhile, make the icing: beat together the lemon juice and icing sugar. Wait for the loaves to cool then remove them from the tin and drizzle with icing.