The best ever healthy chocolate chip banana bread 😍🍌🍫
This easy, healthy banana bread is the best! Moist, fluffy, and ultra delicious. Made with yogurt and whole wheat. So yummy and good for you! 😋🤩
I added some dark chocolate chunks using ohso_goodforyou 70% dark chocolate (this is optional but recommended!). This chocolate has over a billion live cultures with no added sugar 🙌🏼👏🏼
Everything you need to make this banana bread is below ⬇️
• 3 very ripe bananas, mashed (about 1 1/4 cup mashed banana)
• 2 eggs, at room temperature
• 1/3 cup pure maple syrup (do not use honey)
• 1/2 cup plain or vanilla greek yogurt (whole milk or 2% is best)
• 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
• 1 3/4 cup whole wheat pastry flour
• 1 teaspoon baking soda
• ½ teaspoon cinnamon
• ¼ teaspoon salt
• 1/3 cup melted and cooled coconut oil
• 1 cup dark chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 160 degrees fan (350 degrees f) and spray a non stick loaf tin with oil.
2. In a large bowl mix together the mashed banana, eggs, maple syrup, greek yogurt and vanilla extract to a bowl until well combined.
3. In a large bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients: whole wheat pastry flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt. Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and mix until just combined. Do not overmix!
4. Next, mix in the melted and cooled coconut oil. Fold in 3/4 cup chocolate chips.
5. Add banana bread batter into prepared pan. Optional but not required: split a banana down the middle vertically then add on top of the batter or just add banana slices on top, side by side. Top with remaining chocolate chips.
6. Bake for 50-60 minutes or until a tester inserted into the middle comes out clean or with just a few crumbs attached.
7. Allow bread to cool in the pan for 10 minutes, then remove and transfer to a wire rack to finish cooling.