Sunday consists of baking lots of treats including this indulgent chocolate loaf cake 😍🍫🍰
This chocolate loaf cake is a delicious treat for anyone who loves chocolate, and loves cake but perhaps doesn’t want to make a full on layered chocolate cake 👌🏼🙌🏼
This cake is moist and rich, but not too sweet and the perfect size for a homemade chocolatey treat. Somtimes, a bit double layered chocolate fudge cake, is too much so this offers a great alternative. It’s a bit smaller, a bit more managable, but still equally delicious in it’s own way.
The chocolate topping, as well as making it look a bit more special, is an easy way of adding a bit of texture 😋😋
Everything you need to make it is below ⬇️
• 175 g golden caster sugar
• 175 g butter
• 3 eggs
• 200 g self raising flour
• ½ tsp baking powder
• 100 ml milk
• 4 tbsp cocoa powder
• 100g ohso_goodforyou chocolate chips
• 100 g chocolate white, milk, dark or a mixture
1. Preheat oven to 160c/140 fan and grease a non stick 2lb loaf tin with spray oil.
2. Add sugar and butter to a large mixing bowl and beat together with an electric whisk until light and fluffy.
3. Crack the eggs into the bowl and mix them in.
4. Put the remaining ingredients into the bowl and mix everything together until there are no lumps.
5. Pour the cake batter into the loaf tin and bake for around 50 mins or until a skewer inserted into the middle comes out clean.
6. Remove from oven and leave to cool for a few minutes then put it on a wire rack to cool completely.
7. Melt the chocolate in a microwave and pour over the chocolate. Add a sprinkle of chocolate chips then leave to set.