Peanut butter protein cookies 😍🍪🥜
These easy chocolate chip peanut butter protein cookies are made in one bowl, with high-quality whey protein, smooth peanut butter, and just a touch of honey 🙌🏼👏🏼
Each cookie is packed with protein (8.4 grams per cookie, to be exact), and only has 6 essential ingredients (the vanilla extract and miniature chocolate chips are optional) 😋🤩
Everything you need to make them are below ⬇️
• 1 scoop (30 g) whey protein (I used nuzest_europe vanilla – discount code in bio)
• 2 tablespoons (18 g) cornstarch
• 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
• 1/2 cup (128 g) smooth, no stir peanut butter (I used skinnyfoodco)
• 2 tablespoons (42 g) honey
• 1 egg (50 g, weighed out of shell) + 1 egg yolk (25 g), at room temperature, beaten
• 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract (optional)
• 2 tablespoons (30 g) miniature semi-sweet chocolate chips (optional)
1. Preheat your oven to 325°F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper and set it aside.
2. In a large bowl, place the whey protein isolate, cornstarch, and baking soda, and whisk to combine.
3. Add the peanut butter, honey, egg and egg yolk, and optional vanilla, and mix just until combined. Add the miniature chocolate chips, and mix until they’re evenly distributed throughout the cookie dough.
4. Using a large ice cream scoop, divide the dough into 8 roughly equal portions. Place the portions about 1 1/2-inches apart from one another on the prepared baking sheet. Using wet fingers, pat into a disk about 1/2-inch thick.
5. Place the baking sheet in the center of the preheated oven and bake for about 12 minutes, or until lightly golden brown. When the cookies are set in the center, the dough will no longer glisten. 6 Remove from the oven and allow to cool briefly before serving.