Mini coffee and walnut loaves 😍🍰
This super easy recipe makes the most delicious coffee and walnut cakes that are moist in the center, filled with walnuts and smothered with a coffee flavoured buttercream 🤤🤤
These are perfect for weekend baking / bringing to friends for a little sweet treat 🤩🙌🏼
Everything you need to make them is below ⬇️
• 225g Unsalted Butter
• 225g Caster Sugar
• 4 large Eggs
• 2 heaped tsp coffee granuals dissolved in 50ml water
• 225g Self raising flour
• 75g walnuts chopped
• 125g soft unsalted butter
• 225g icing sugar
• 3 tsp coffee granuals dissolved in 1 tsp of water
• walnuts to decorate on top
1. Preheat the oven to 180C/350F/Gas 4. Place the butter into a large mixing bowl and beat until light and smooth. Add the sugar and cream togetehr until light and fluffy.
2. One at a time add each egg making sure to beat well to completely incorporate each egg before adding the next egg. If the mixture looks like it’s about to curdle add 1 spoonful of the flour. Then add the dissolved coffeee to the mixture and mix well.
3. Add the flour and chopped walnuts and gently fold in until fully combined.
4. Divide the mixure between 10 mini loaf tins. Transfer to the oven to bake 25-30 minutes, or until a skewer inserted into the centre of the cake comes out clean and the cake is golden-brown. Remove the cakes from the oven and leave to cool on a wire rack.
5. Whilst the cakes are cooling make the butter icing. Firstly beat the butter in a small bowl until pale and smooth then gradually beat in the icing sugar. Next add the espresso and mix well.
6. Cover each cake with the buttercream and place the walnuts around the top of the cakes as you’d like.