Looking for ideas of what to make for brunch this weekend? How about these bubble & squeak fritters with a poached egg and sweet chili sauce? 😍🥚🍴
These delicious fritters are the perfect way to use up left overs! They are so easy to make and can be made with any vegetables you have to spare😋👏🏼
I like using a combination of vegetables to make my bubble and squeak colourful. I also add an egg to the potatoes, just to make the dish a bit softer, but you can skip the egg if you like these potato cakes to be firmer 🤩🤩
Everything you need to make them is below ⬇️
• 450g of Leftover Root Vegetables (Potatoes, Carrots, Parsnips)
• 200g of Leftover Brussel Sprouts
• 2 Tablespoons of Olive Oil, sea Salt & Pepper
1. Add the leftover root vegetables to your food processor and pulse until you have a chunky mash (if you want to use mashed potato, skip this step and stir it in after you’ve blended the other vegetables).
2. Add in the brussel sprouts and pulse again until well combined. Don’t overblend, you want it to come together but still be chunky.
3. Shape the mixture into patties. Add the olive oil to a large non stick pan on medium-high heat. When it’s hot, add the fritters. Cook for 3-4 minutes each side until crisp.
4. Serve with a poached egg and sweet chili sauce.