Healthy marbled chocolate banana bread 😍🍌🍫
This is a delicious and healthy banana bread kicked up a notch with chocolate marbled throughout. Make this recipe for a healthy snack, dessert, or even breakfast paired with a protein source! 👏🏼👌🏼
Pair a slice of this banana bread with some greek yogurt and banana slices for a balanced breakfast or add a drizzle of natural peanut butter or almond butter on top of a slice to get some protein and healthy fats💪🏼🙌🏼
Everything you need to make it is below ⬇️
• 3 large browned bananas, mashed
• 2 large eggs
• 2 tsp vanilla
• 1/4 cup 100% maple syrup
• 1/4 cup olive oil
• 1/2 cup plain greek yogurt, 0%
• 1 ½ cups whole wheat flour, spooned and levelled
• 1 tsp baking soda
• 1/4 tsp salt
• 1/2 tsp cinnamon
• 3 tbsp cocoa powder
• 1/4 cup ohso_goodforyou chocolate chips
1. Preheat the oven to 350F. Spray a loaf pan with cooking oil.
2. In a medium bowl, mash the bananas. Add the eggs and whisk together. Add in the vanilla, maple syrup, olive oil and greek yogurt and stir to combine.
3. To the same bowl add in the flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon. Mix until just combined.
4. Scoop out half the batter and add it to a separate bowl then add the cocoa powder. Mix well then fold in the chocolate chips.
5. To the loaf pan, alternate scooping in the chocolate and regular batter, layering opposites on top of each other. With a knife, make some slices through the batter to get the marbled look. Ensure you don’t mix too much with the knife or the batter will completely mix together.
6. Bake for 50 minutes until the top is golden and slightly hardened. Allow the banana bread to set in the pan for 10 minutes, then remove from the pan and place on a wire cooling rack.
7. Once cooled, slice into 8 slices. Enjoy!