Healthy coconut chocolate macaroons using ohso_goodforyou 54% chocolate 🥥🍫
These wonderfully fragrant coconut macaroons are keto and low-carb. No need to whip the egg whites! Just five simple ingredients 🙌🏼👌🏼
This recipe is super simple to and contains no sugar or condensed milk – they’re sweetened with stevia. The chocolate costing is optional but SO good 😋😋
Everything you need to make them is below ⬇️
• 2 large eggs
• ¼ cup virgin coconut oil melted
• 1 ½ teaspoon stevia (equals ½ cup sugar)
• 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
• 2 cups unsweetened shredded coconut
• 3/4 cup ohso_goodforyou chocolate chips
1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees (160 fan oven). Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Whisk together the eggs, coconut oil, stevia, and vanilla. The coconut oil might harden when it comes in touch with the cold eggs. That’s OK.
3. Stir in the shredded coconut with a fork or a rubber spatula. Make sure the coconut is well-moistened. If the mixture is very dry and crumbly, you might need to add a tablespoon or two of water.
4. Scoop 1.5-tablespoon portions of the mixture (using a standard cookie scoop) onto the parchment paper. Pack the mixture into the scoop. Very lightly flatten the tops if you wish.
5. Bake the cookies until golden, about 12 minutes. Let the cookies rest and cool in the pan for 10 minutes to absorb back some of it, then remove them from the pan into a serving plate.
6. Let the cookies cool completely, 20 more minutes, before enjoying them. Melt the chocolate in a bowl and dip each macaroon into the melted chocolate and drizzle with a fork on top. Freeze for 5-10 mins.
7. Store in an airtight container for up to 3 days.