Courgette, pea and feta fritters 😍😋🍴
I don’t know about anyone else but I find lunch can be so boring sometimes! I decided to mix it up yesterday and make these courgette, feta and pea fritters which were absolutely delicious and so easy to make! 👌🏼👌🏼
They are lovely and crisp at the edges, with a soft interior of courgette, pockets of feta and bursts of pea – they can be served with whatever you like, I topped mine with a poached egg and a drizzle of sweet chili sauce 🙌🏼🤩
Everything you need to make them is below ⬇️
• 2 courgettes (approx 300-330g courgette once topped and tailed)
• 150g frozen peas
• 100g feta cheese
• 2 medium eggs
• 50ml milk
• 100g self raising flour
• Black pepper
1. Wash the courgettes and chop the very top and very bottom off. Then use a cheese grater to grate them into a large bowl.
2. Pop the frozen peas into a separate small bowl, cover with water and cook them in the microwave for 2.5 minutes. Drain the peas and then add them to the grated courgette.
3. Chop the feta cheese into small chunks and then add to the courgette and peas along with a good grating of black pepper.
4 In the small bowl you have aside, crack the eggs and add the milk to the eggs. Give everything a good whisk to combine and then pour into the large bowl – give all the ingredients a good stir.
5. Finally, add the flour to the fritter mix. Mix everything really well to ensure the flour is totally combined into the mixture.
6. Heat a frying pan over a medium heat and add a small amount (1 tsp) or cooking oil or butter. For each fritter, drop one heaped tablespoon of mixture into the frying pan. Then gently squish the mixture with a cooking spatula to flattened it out slightly.
7. Cook each gluten free fritter for approx 5 minutes on each side until golden and slightly puffed up. These turn out nice and crisp on the outside and all soft and yummy inside.
8. Serve with a poached egg and sweet chili sauce.